Monday, October 22, 2007

Summer Photos

Here are some pictures from over the summer. Hopefully I'll get caught up so I'm posting more recent photos. Enjoy!
Ammon's first Experience with Play Dough (June 8, 2007).

I had been thinking for a while that he would enjoy play dough, so I made some (yes, those of you who really know me...don't go into shock over this...I have become somewhat domesticated). It was really easy to make. Ammon had a blast with it!

Can you tell he was enjoying himself?

Cute story: I was showing him how to roll the dough into balls. I had made various size balls and Ammon pointed excitedly to a little ball and said, "Baby ball." Then he pointed to the largest ball and said "Dada Ball", then to a medium size ball and said "Mama Ball." If I recall correctly, that was the start of him identifying things as baby, dada and mama. He does this with everything (from animals to trucks to rocks). It's really cute. Especially with how cute he says "baby."

June 26, 2007 - Ammon sitting in the bed of his little dump truck. He's been doing this since he got it for Christmas. He sits in it and then pushes/pulls himself around. Before I grabbed the camera, he was sitting quietly reading his book while I was working in the kitchen. Once he saw me with the camera he shut his book, then got up. Another of the many missed photo ops.

June 29, 2007 - I actually let Jared take the camera for a short while. This is me and Ammon with our niece, Kylee Snyder [Jared's sister's (Stacy) daughter].

July 6, 2007 - Ammon's FIRST Air Show. This may have been THE HIGHLIGHT of Ammon's summer. The Friday before the Willow Run Air Show, Jared took a half day off work and we went to watch the pilots practice their routines. We found a wonderful place to watch.

Ammon couldn't get enough of the planes. He kept asking for "more plane." And for a couple weeks afterwards he kept asking to see "plane." In fact, the first thing he said when he woke up in the morning or from a nap was "plane?" Of course, it's in his blood. How could he not love airplanes with how much both his parents love them??

This was Ammon's favorite plane to watch (a bi-plane that was doing all sorts of great stunts). Fortunate for us, he practiced his routine twice. I think Ammon liked this one best because it wasn't super loud like the F-16 or the Blue Angels which flew RIGHT over our heads many times!!!

What a sweet little face. By the way...those blue things sticking out of his ears are ear plugs to protect his hearing (those jets are really loud).

Super Ammon!! August 23, 2007 - Jared made a cape by tucking a receiving blanket into the back of Ammon's pajama shirt.

Ammon kept running around and around (we have a big circle he can run that goes through our living room, hallway, office and kitchen).

Still going....and going....just like the Energizer bunny!

August 26, 2007 - Ammon laying on the floor giving his dreamy smile.

No comments: