Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Finally...another post

I had such great intentions of posting to this blog regularly....and yet 5 months have passed by without a post. Here are some pictures of Ammon's activities in May - including pictures from his 2nd Birthday Party!!! He's been two for 4 months now, and I still can't believe he's actually two! I think it's just denial. Or it's just that my brain is functioning so slow that I'm about 6 months behind reality. That's probably the problem. I think the only thing I miss from my "former life" is my brain. I can live without the career or the income, but I do miss my brain. Yet it's SO WORTH IT. Having Ammon in our family has been amazing! He's so adorable and full of life. We just revel in every new thing he does and says. Sometimes we look at him with awe at the wonderful little guy that he is....and wonder how on earth he could have come from our DNA! Actually, you can see that he got his good looks from his daddy. And I think he got his brains from me (literally....my brain passed directly to him when he was conceived)!!!

May 12th - Ammon playing outside on a beautiful spring day. He had been lining up his little cars on the driveway.

May 18th - at Grandma Beauchamp's house with his frequent playmates (his Aunt Doreen and cousin, Connor Beauchamp).

Mother's Day - May 13, 2007. He's such a perfect Mother's Day present!

Taken later that day (after he had changed into play clothes). He loves when his cousin, Abigail, pushes him on the swing...especially when she spins him around on it like she is here.

Ammon's 2nd Birthday Party. He turned 2 on May 21st. His party ended up being on Memorial Day (May 28th) because the original date (Saturday the 26th) ended up raining all day. Fortunately we had perfect weather on our back up date!

Ammon playing with his cousin, Parker Willmott,
who is just 3 months older.
Parker and Ammon again....more fun together.
I think Ammon was puckering up to blow me a kiss.

Here's Ammon's birthday cake. He LOVES the Disney Cars movie. I tried to be creative with his cake. I guess it turned out okay for my first attempt at decorating a cake. Don't worry...I won't quit my day job!

Yeah!! Ammon blew out the candles....with a little help from his many cousins.

Yummy! Chocolate!! I think he takes after me (Suzie). We sure LOVE our chocolate! I wonder if he's going to ask for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for all of his birthdays...like I did.

Grandma Willmott giving Ammon his birthday present. Grandma & Grandpa Willmott ended up not being able to come to Ammon's party because they went to California to see Great Grandpa Willmott just before he died. They came to our house early in the morning to have Jared take them to the airport. We woke Ammon up so they could give him his birthday present. Don't you just love his early morning hair-do???!!!

Grandma & Grandpa also delivered the birthday presents from Aunt Wendy, Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Jon, Keytin, Stephen & Hayden (they all live in Indiana). They gave him a Disney Cars race track carrying case with a bunch of the cars from the movie. He just LOVES it!!!

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

I'm so glad you updated this! Ammon is so adorable! I loved his birthday pictures, especially the ones where he had just woken up. Too cute!